This past week, I learned about something new in the blogging world. It is called the Liebster Award. Apparently, bloggers nominate each other to answer a series of questions and offer random facts, so as to get to know each other better. I was nominated by Jac from Two Fun Moms.
Eleven Questions answered as posed by Jac.
1. What is the meal you eat the most often?
If I spoke strictly statistically, the meal I eat most often is eggs and toast.
But if we eliminated breakfast, it would be rice and dal (or curried lentils). It’s cheap and easy and my family loves it.
2. Who taught you to ride a bike and how old were you?
I have no idea. I think I might have been 5. I remember seeing a picture of me with an entirely satisfied look on my face as I peddled off on my Strawberry shortcake bike – the one with the banana seat, but I have no idea who was with me nor how old I was.
3. Where is your favourite place to spend a hot summer day?
The beach. One with clear water and a good place to sit.
4. What’s the first website you go to when you open your computer, besides Facebook?
My home page is set to the Globe and Mail but in all honesty, it’s probably Pinterest.
5. How many kids did you think you’d want when you were a kid? Did you ever think about what you would name them?
I think I wanted five. I was never satisfied with just my brother and I. I wished that I had a big family. Names that were tossed around in my younger years were David, Charlotte and Victoria.
6. If you could win a free trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go and who would you take with you?
Oooohh, now this is my kind of question. And yet, so difficult to answer. I think I would want a Mediterranean Cruise. There are so many beautiful and fascinating countries that grace its shores. And, not to be cliché but in all honesty, I would take my husband, Ben. He is my favourite travel companion. Psst, Ryan (brother), you are a close second.
7. What was the name of your first pet? How about the street you grew up on? (Because now we know your stripper name!)
My first pet was a black cocker spaniel named Serene and the street I grew up on (well, one of them) was Grace Street. Which means I have a really lame stripper name. Serene Grace. Sounds more like a Francine Rivers novel.
8. What’s your favourite thing about writing a blog?
My favourite thing about writing a blog is connecting with people…really connecting. Few things give me more fulfillment than when someone comments and says, “I really needed to hear that.” Or “I thought I was the only one.” I hold a policy of transparency because it is only when we open ourselves up and let others see our flaws, imperfections and struggles that we can truly speak to one another’s hearts.
|Me and my blog circa 2012|
BONUS: Do you want to come over to my house and change my toddlers’ diapers? Please??
Uh, no. There are quite enough diapers in this household…thank you very much ☺
Now Eleven Random Facts About Me:
1. I was a wrangler in my younger years. I was certified through the CHA (Certified Horsemanship Association) and taught horseback riding.
2. I am also certified to teach waterskiing…although, to be honest, I kinda suck at it myself.
3. I make up rhythm patterns in my head as I walk by placing the emphasis on a different part of my gait and using random words or phrases usual comprised of things I am thinking about or see as I walk.
4. I talk to myself when I drive. “Green means go.” “No people, okay.” My mind wanders easily and I can zone out if I am not careful…truthfully, I probably shouldn’t be allowed to have a license.
5. I love Rice. Seriously, I could eat it every day, every meal.
6. I would love to publish a book one day. One that helps and inspires people.
7. I just Googled “Random Facts” because I couldn’t think of anything to say.
8. I have many heros, all for different reasons. To name just a few: Nelson Mandela, Ella, Margaret Atwood, Nigel Slater, and my great grandfather, Victor, whom I have never met and in all honesty, whose character I probably fabricate more than anything.
9. I am not as closed off as people assume me to be but detest the superficial and have trouble in crowds. So if you really want to get to know me, you’ll have to talk to me one-on-one, otherwise, chances are, you will just think I am a snob.
10. I always thought I would die young. Part of me still does. Historically speaking, it is irrational to think that we should live to be 80, or even 90. Given the frequency of natural disasters, wars and disease, I would suspect the average lifespan, around the world, back to the beginning of time or even in the last 100 years is younger than we’d think.
11. I have to have my butter/jam/honey spread to the absolute edges of the bread.
And finally, my eleven questions for three other bloggers.
I nominate the following people to answer these eleven questions, share eleven facts and nominate three bloggers.
I nominate Tracey at My House of Giggles. Tracey was also nominated for Top 30 Vancouver Mom bloggers and I know her in real life. Our sons went to school together for a short time before she decided to homeschool. She has a beautiful family and has a beautiful spirit.
I also nominate Patti at A Perfect Lily. Patti is such an inspiration. Seriously, I do not know how this woman does it all. She has 11 children, with one little girl who happens to have designer genes. And yet, despite her busy family she has a heart of gold that is filled with compassion for orphans with special needs. I always feel blessed by what she has to share.
And finally, Michaela Evanow. To be honest, I don’t know if Michaela is in a place to do this. Nor do I know if it is appropriate to nominate her but the woman, this mother…words do not express. She recently lost her three-year-old daughter to SMA type 1. She is also a Vancouver Top 30 blogger and I truly hope she wins…for many reasons. Even if she doesn’t participate please check out her blog.
1. What is something you are afraid of?
2. What is something you are looking forward to?
3. What music album or song is on repeat these days?
4. Did you have a reoccurring dream when you were a child (or now)? And if so, what was it?
5. If you could repeat one year of your life, which one would it be?
6. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
7. If you had two hours in the evening to yourself and weren’t allowed to work or clean your house, what would you do?
8. What is your favourite feature about yourself?
9. What do you think is your best trait?
10. What inspires you?
11. Why did you start blogging and what was your first post about?
Leave a Reply