So what is a Lookbook anyway? Well, have you ever noticed how Lookbooks are all the rage these days? Clothing companies display all their goodies for the coming season in their Lookbook, or different special interest sites will have their wedding Lookbooks or Paris Lookbooks. Now while I LOVE so much of the style and couture that is out there, I have to laugh as a parent because so much of it is inapplicable. No white cafe capris or khaki trenches, and while many can travel lightly with a small handbag filled with a daring lip colour and a good book, my bag is filled rather with diapers and attention holding activities.
I have been to Paris twice before this trip, both times without children so the prospect of maneuvering through the metro with kids in tow or eating in a French bistro, I have to admit, makes me a little bit nervous. But I am up for the challenge. Hopefully with a couple of extra hands....oh, and my impeccably well-behaved children, we will be able to have an amazing, authentic Paris experience regardless. I look forward to sharing it with you.
So without further ado,
Looks I am loving
- Primary Colours
- Little boy blue and princess pink
- Yellow Coach Handbag
- Mac Ramblas Red
- James Mayhew's Katie in London in which Katie and Jack go to London with their grandma who falls asleep on a bench in Trafalgar square. But all is not lost when one of the stone lions comes to life and takes them around the historic city.
- And of course Jakob's Thomas suitcase, which he can't travel without.
- Jakob's Journal. In a mother's attempt to keep these memories alive I am having Jakob write a bit about each day and draw a picture...so far, so good.
- Ella's pink cape coat, who can resist?