16. Miles Davis paired with a glass of Red wine in a quiet, clean house. Jazz…it is my soul language. When Ben and I first met he said he didn’t understand Jazz. This coming from a musician! It’s the baselines, the atonal harmonies, the heritage and the romance that woos me into a trance. I have included this recording of smoke gets in your eyes because it is easier on virgin ears, but really, I like my Miles more treble, like in this recording.
17. Lavender This also goes well with Miles – a few drops into a steaming bath and all my toddler-chasing worries of the day melt away. I use it to clean, I use it in baking, I use it whenever I can. It is so completely therapeutic and has been used for centuries for a tool for relaxation.
18. Clean Bed Sheets I made this list over the last month or so but you can plainly see where I am at today. A little fatigued from a 4:45am start. Clean Egyptian Cotton Sheets on a bed of down and a comforter pulled up to my chin. Yes please.
|This was the first picture I took with Audrey…it was love at first click.|
19. Les Misérables I saw this musical first on Broadway in New York. Does it get any better? I fell in love with the story of Jean Valjean first however, when I watched the 1998 movie with Liam Neeson. It is the passionate retelling of life in the midst of the French Revolution – overcoming obstacles, learning to love and victory in the face of defeat. Breath taking music and a beautiful story: there is no other like it. I was so blessed when I was able to see it again this past fall in London.
20. Barefoot Contessa at Home: Everyday Recipes You’ll Make Over and Over Again
I don’t think I would say this is my all-time favourite cookbook but it is BY FAR my most used. It’s true you will make the recipes over and over again because they are easy, they are accessible and they are delicious. In there, and listen, here is the most important part, you will find a recipe for THE BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE IN THE WORLD. I kid you not! I put the challenge to anyone that has tried it, it is truly the best. Moist, flavourful and while rich with chocolate, not too sweet. SO GOOD! My other favourites from this book are the Fennel Stuffed Pork Tenderloin, Cranberry Orange Scones, Roasted Potatoes, Potato salad (not your run-of-the-mill egg/potato/mayo), Orange Glazed Carrots…so many great recipes.
|I am a bit embarrassed to have this picture on here since it is horrid but this is her Chicken Piccata,
one of my favourite recipes.
Tomorrow will bring you 21-28 and then the big Giveaway on FEBRUARY 23rd aka My birthday!!!
Happy Tuesday everyone, go relax…and eat chocolate cake.