I will avoid much explanation and just say that the weekend is looking pretty good from Monday's perspective. Highlights include:
1. A Girl's night filled with Christmas baking, red wine, delectable cheese, Jane Austen and some amazing women.
2. Warm coffee and fresh cinnamon buns at the Tea house
3. The Three Hills Christmas Market: community, music and art. Be sure to check out Chickadee Swing and Three Acorns for some great christmas gifts.
5. Home For Christmas Concert: homespun stories of Christmas past, choir,strings, bells and brass.
6. The First Sunday of Advent
"Advent is a season of anticipation and preparation for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ who became flesh, died on the cross for our sins and was resurrected by the power of God. It is a spiritual journey as we affirm that Christ came and will come again in power. Just as the Israelites looked to their salvation from the hand of the Egyptians, we also look to redemption for all of creation and stand firm in our hope for eternal life.
Today we light the first candle, which represents hope. The light reminds us that Jesus is the light of the world. He entered into the darkness to bring newness, life and hope.The light also reminds us that we are called to be light in a world filled with darkness as we reflect the light of God’s grace to others."
7. The Wonder Years Conference put on by Ups and Downs: inspiration, encouragement, friends and the leaders of tomorrow. Thanks to Amber and team for all the work that went into the planning of such a great and beneficial event. And thank you Arlene for the highlights.
Happy Monday Everyone!